Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New outlook, sorta

It's the pregnancy I'm sure, but I am turning into a domestic maven. Yesterday, 12/31, I decided that the best way to start the New Year was with a clean house. Like, completely clean. I knew to pace myself and started in the living room. Following Wabi-Sabi principles I kept only those things I consider beautiful and give me joy at looking at it. So the cleaning become a process of cleaning/clearing. Every corner. Every piece of furniture. Every flat surface. After three hours in the living room (I uncovered and simplified the structures on my computer desk as well in this time), I moved to the dining room.

At one point I could be found prying the keys out of Phil's keyboard and cleaning each key individually. For a moment in time I became worried that I was nesting and I am far too early in this pregnancy to have pre-labor nesting. But I think it is more likely the one cup of coffee I indulged in that a.m. that got my butt going.

After my bedroom, and the day going quickly into evening, I petered out. Phil worked on the kitchen today whereas the boys took care of the hallway bath yesterday.

It was like spring cleaning in one day. And then today I awoke (early, Phil snoring, my spine hurting, I just decided to get up) to a nice, calm, house that had decorative elements (for the most part) that flowed into one another to provide a sense of "haven."

I ventured into the land of web and decided I'd solve my computer issues today as well. And that I did. I will send that out in another post for those of us dealing with Dell Laptop video/screen issues.

But now that my 'puter isn't crashing every hour, I had time to surf. And this is the result: I like A Gracious Home. It is right up my alley right now. Raised Catholic I appreciate the Christian lean to her blog as well as her simple joy in the stuff that truly matters. Her outlook is clear and uplifting.

And based on one of her links, I eventually found this idea of 101 things in 1001 days. It is a goal-planning thing. I'm not posting my list because some of the stuff is of a personal nature that I don't wish to broadcast on the 'net but I will give everyone the link to original site: Day Zero

I hope to make some template changes to this blog as well.

Happy New Year's everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home