Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Knocked up and unemployed

Yup. That's right. Because I can't *not* get pregnant. And apparently hubby's vas deferens can't help but re-connect or whatever they did to open up the sperm expressway.

At any rate, I am not working, mostly because it isn't the healthiest atmosphere to work in while pregnant.

I'm so nauseated it is unbelievable and I am seriously considering getting my tubes tied after this one is born.

I ate chinese food the other night and it was an exercise in mind-over-stomach. I had to force myself to eat chow mein. In fact, last night I had to force myself to eat chicken noodle soup. That's bad. My gag reflex is at attention and the only thing that sounds somewhat okay is beef rice. From Happi House. Except they closed their Fremont location and I'm in no mood to drive to Milpitas. It's just toooooo faaarrrr.

I have today, and only today, to get a week's worth of schoolwork in. I slacked off. See, it's kinda hard to read about grammar and editing when half of your waking moments are spent hunched over a toilet or a bucket, and the other half is spent sitting very, very still as to keep from having to visit the toilet or bucket.

You'd think that by the fifth child you wouldn't be so nauseated. You'd think....that your body would have this process down pat. That you'd wake up pregnant and glide right through the nine months to have an easy and fast childbirth. You'd think. I mean, there should be some sort of "Birth four, get the fifth one free" plan. But there is no such plan and my body makes that painfully known each minute of each hour of each day.

And....trying to find a job is really hard right now too. I can't imagine sitting through an interview and not gagging.

So, as to be expected, if I'm not working, I'm now a stay-at-home mom again. I forgot had much this occupation can drive someone to the brink of insanity each and every day. They.don't.leave.you.alone. Ever. It isn't that they don't occupy themselves with playing, but that they feel you must be briefed on each and every development as it occurs.

It's like CNN, except more annoying: Dylan was bending a spoon. Dylan was bending a spoon using his mind like Criss Angel Mindfreak. Dylan was so amazed that the spoon bent the other way than he was intending. Dylan needed mommy to validate that the spoon had bent an 1/8-inch. Oh wait...breaking news! Skyler just stole the spoon from Dylan and bent it in half using his.....hands! Dylan has been foiled! Dylan must seek revenge on his smart ass brother. Meanwhile Lucas needs mom to see how his Spiderman toy has magnets and can stick to the file cabinet. And look, Lucas has trained Spiderman how to do forward flips. And wait, don't stop looking now, he can do *back* flips as well. And Cassidy is prancing around like a ballerina and swooping in for a kiss and hug approximately.....hold on....every five seconds.

School starts tomorrow. It's me and the ballerina girl for the bulk of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home